Candle Safety Tips
CANDLE SAFETY TIPS
- Always keep a burning candle within sight
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets
- Always use a candleholder or vessel specifically designed for the heat of candle use
- Always burn candles on a stable, heat-resistant surface
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents
- Do not burn a candle all the way down (leave 2” for pillars or ½” for containers)
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish a candle.
- Never extinguish candles with water - oil and water DON’T mix!
- Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes or the flame becomes too high
- Never use a candle as a night light
- Never burn a candle longer than 4 hours
- Do not leave burning candles unattended